Who are we?
- We are a friendly club based in Ashley, Cheshire, close to M56 J6 with our own showground and cross country course.
- We are a member of Area 3 of British Riding Clubs, known as the Northern Liaison Group (NLG).
What do we do?
- We run a variety of competitions for our members and training sessions to help improve their riding and confidence.
- Our main aim is for people to have fun with their horses.
Who are our members?
- We currently have around 250 members aged from 4 to 70+ years.
- Abilities range from the true amateur through to the more competitive rider.
What does membership offer?
- Access to shows, competitions and training at reduced prices.
- You will receive a membership card and subscription to the BRC quarterly ‘Rider’ magazine.
- You get a 10% discount at Chelford Farm Supplies (with some exceptions).
- Compete on teams or as individuals at BRC Area Qualifiers and perhaps even National Championships.
- Compete on our Show Team at STARS (subject to being points winner at the end of the show season).
- Members of an NLG club are allowed to enter classes at other NLG clubs* at the members rate for that club on production of their membership card.
- Annual camp at Somerford Park Farm
- Junior/Mini camp at our Showground
£31 Senior Member (18 & over on 1st January 2021)
£31 Junior Member (11 & over on 1st January 2021)
£21 Mini Member (10 & under on 1st January 2021)
£5 Club Supporter
Family Membership: £85 – family of four £95 – family of five
Early Bird Discount:
For memberships received by Thursday 22nd April 2021: Senior & Junior members £21 each, Mini members (10’s & under) £16 each, Family of four £75, Family of five – £85.
Wilmslow Riding Club membership runs from 1st January to 31st December of each year.
Payment can currently be made by Paypal and bank transfer. We would prefer no cheques at this time.
Competition and Training Venues
All our shows and competitions are held at our Showground in Ashley. Area Qualifiers are held around the North West at venues such as Bold Heath, Myerscough, and Somerford Park Farm. Training is held at a variety of venues which include Hunters Gate in Byley, New Barn in Chelford, Southview, Somerford Park Farm, Smallwood and Kelsall Hill.
Work Party Commitment
Our club rules state that all members 10 and over (on 1st January in the current year) are required to help at one or more events. Each job, which has a points value, must add up to a total of six in the season and are allocated on a ‘first come first served’ basis.
Points are allocated as follows:
Setting up (for a show, ODE, XCC) 2 points
Dressage 3 points
ODE/XC/XCC 6 points
Please visit this link to complete our online membership form: https://www.wilmslowridingclub.co.uk/membership-form/
Alternatively you can download, print off and complete our paper form by clicking here